Open Market Consultation (Phase 0)
The Open Market Consultation (OMC) represents a specific phase during the overall PCP preparation. It aims at actively approaching the market to find out about the state of the art, as well as about future developments - in this case, in the fields of AI technology and climate change. Succesful procurement requires involving the technology companies and consortia from early on, this is why a series of OMC events will be organised to refine the tender specifications.
Request for Tenders
The Request for Tenders was launched on 1.12.2020. It will be open until 28.02.2021 (17:00 CET).
Market Consultation events and webinars
During the Open Market Consultation events, the AI4Cities challenge, vision and scope will be presented alongside the pre-commercial procurement process.
The OMC events are especially targeted for suppliers, manufacturers, entrepreneurs, startups and other experts, who are able to consult in the following domains: climate change, AI software and hardware development, public traffic management and planning, energy efficiency and infrastructure, and building maintenance.
Information and materials from past events, can be found here
Request for Tenders: overview of documentation
Tender document 1: Request for Tenders
Tender document 2: Functional specifications (part of the Request for Tenders)
Tender document 3: PCP Framework Agreement
Tender document 4: The specifc contract for phase 1
The mandatory attachments of the submitted tender:
Form A - General Tender Submission Form and Power of Attorney
Form B - Exclusion Criteria
Form C - Selection Criteria
Form D - Compliance Criteria
Form E - Technical Offer Phase 1
Form F - Financial offer and Cost Breakdown
Form G - Financial Offer Phase 1
Form H - Executive Summary
All of these documents can be found on the AI4Cites Request for Tenders page.
Expected results and outputs
On the basis of the results of the OMC the Buyers Group will determine and fine-tune the scope of the Request for Tenders and the evaluation criteria for the pre-commercial procurement.
Goals of the OMC
- To conduct a detailed needs analysis of the Buyers Group (the six partner procurers)
- To map companies capable of submitting responses to the tender
- To get a better understanding of the state-of-the-art and future developments in order to develop a call for proposals with the optimal scope
- To gain a broad understanding of all relevant and available users, stakeholders, technologies and possible solutions in the marketplace
- To consult with the potential suppliers the validity of the challenge and its specifications, as well as to gather feedback on the feasibility of response
- To identify the most critical success factors, barriers and enablers to be considered
- To identify remaining gaps and challenges and where R&D is still required
- To inform the market and attract suitable stakeholders, particularly suppliers, but also other (future) procurers
(*) Budget, number of suppliers and dates are all indicative until the Request for Tenders is published