Open Market Consultation (Phase 0)
The Open Market Consultation (OMC) represents a specific phase during the overall PCP preparation. It aims at actively approaching the market to find out about the state of the art, as well as about future developments - in this case, in the fields of AI technology and climate change. Succesful procurement requires involving the technology companies and consortia from early on, this is why a series of OMC events will be organised to refine the tender specifications.
Market Consultation events and webinars
During the Open Market Consultation events, the AI4Cities challenge, vision and scope will be presented alongside the pre-commercial procurement process.
The OMC events are especially targeted for suppliers, manufacturers, entrepreneurs, startups and other experts, who are able to consult in the following domains: climate change, AI software and hardware development, public traffic management and planning, energy efficiency and infrastructure, and building maintenance.
During the OMC there will be two international online events:
- OMC global webinar 1: 28 May 2020 (10.00 - 11.30 CET) - download presentations
- OMC global webinar 2: 18 September 2020
Depending of the circumstances and needs, the latter event can be carried out as an online hackathon.
The Buyers Group is also organising some local events.
- Webinar organised by Amsterdam: 20 August 2020 (10.00 - 11.00 CET). Register here.
Webinar organised by Forum Virium Helsinki: 15 June 2020. Download presentations
Webinar organised by Cap Digital for Paris Region territories (in French): 23 June 2020.
Webinar organised by Copenhagen: 25 June 2020. Watch video recording here.
Surveys for the Open Market Consultation
Survey to suppliers: This survey is part of the AI4Cities Open Market Consultation. The input from suppliers is crucial to the AI4Cities consortium in the development of the project. Suppliers are kindly requested to answer the questions in this questionnaire as completely as possible.
Survey to procurers/buyers: This survey is part of the AI4Cities Open Market Consultation. The input of procuring authorities is crucial to the AI4Cities consortium. Organisations with a role or interest in the procurement of solutions for CO2 emission reduction are kindly requested to answer the questionnaire as completely as possible.
The feedback from suppliers and potential buyers will help to shape the Request for Tenders, which will be open from 1st December to 28th February 2021. It will also contribute to the variety of selection and award criteria.
Expected results and outputs
On the basis of the results of the OMC the Buyers Group will determine and fine-tune the scope of the Request for Tenders and the evaluation criteria for the pre-commercial procurement.
Goals of the OMC
- To conduct a detailed needs analysis of the Buyers Group (the six partner procurers)
- To map companies capable of submitting responses to the tender
- To get a better understanding of the state-of-the-art and future developments in order to develop a call for proposals with the optimal scope
- To gain a broad understanding of all relevant and available users, stakeholders, technologies and possible solutions in the marketplace
- To consult with the potential suppliers the validity of the challenge and its specifications, as well as to gather feedback on the feasibility of response
- To identify the most critical success factors, barriers and enablers to be considered
- To identify remaining gaps and challenges and where R&D is still required
- To inform the market and attract suitable stakeholders, particularly suppliers, but also other (future) procurers
Materials - OMC Webinar #1
- Introduction to the AI4Cities project. Kaisa Sibelius, Coordinator AI4Cities, Forum Virium Helsinki
- What is a Pre-Commercial Procurement process? Hugo Gonçalves, PCP Specialist, Forum Virium Helsinki
- Mobility challenge – City of Stavanger, Nils Henrik Haaland.
- Energy energy – City of Amsterdam, Anja Reimann and Mimi Eelman.
- Open AI for agile cities. Timo Ruohomäki, Programme Director, Forum Virium Helsinki
- Next steps
(*) Budget, number of suppliers and dates are all indicative until the Request for Tenders is published